Our curriculum is designed to:
- Give learners agency (a voice and choice on path and pace)
- Expect each learner to master each concept before moving on
- Connect to real-world experiences
- Weave in wellness, mindfulness, and habits of mind
- Foster design thinking—to critically look at the questions, hypothesize, research solutions, create models, revise, share with an audience
- Put the learning IN the school day with many teachers present to support higher level thinking and creating
- Focus on content without grouping learners into limiting single-year age cohorts
- Allow various methods of demonstrating knowledge
- Create interdisciplinary connections
- Invite learners to join throughout the year and receive partial credit (vs. none in many systems) for less than a semester of work
- Allow multiple revisions/attempts at gaining mastery (like Einstein and Edison had!)
- Build in multiple tiers of support (MTSS) with guidance from a team of specialists
- Nudge 11th and 12th grade learners to try a Running Start class or internship
- Be engaging and fun!
We invite you to come to an afternoon open house and spend time in our school. Prospective students are encouraged to spend a day and experience the welcoming, engaging, happy learning experience that is LEADPrep.
FRIDAYS LEARNING AND SERVING IN THE COMMUNITY
Being “place-based” means connecting with the community. Today, technology serves a great role in education but can isolate or lessen the sense of community. LEADPrep believes in walking the talk of our school values of diversity, empathy and exploration. To do so, we forge community within our walls and within the community. Our interdisciplinary studies embed learning from resources beyond our classrooms and give back to provide service to others. Fridays are spent together as one school (both campuses together) in service, on field trips, with guest speakers, and in nature.
Interdisciplinary Fall Schedule 2020
For Fall opening we will have remote mornings, with shared campuses alternating teacher teams for an A/B schedule (M-Th) and whole-school remote Fridays. Click to download.