Our curriculum is designed to:
- Give learners agency (a voice and choice on path and pace)
- Expect each learner to master each concept before moving on
- Connect to real-world experiences
- Weave in wellness, mindfulness, and habits of mind
- Foster design thinking—to critically look at the questions, hypothesize, research solutions, create models, revise, share with an audience
- Put the learning IN the school day with many teachers present to support higher level thinking and creating
- Focus on content without grouping learners into limiting single-year age cohorts
- Allow various methods of demonstrating knowledge
- Create interdisciplinary connections
- Invite learners to join throughout the year and receive partial credit (vs. none in many systems) for less than a semester of work
- Allow multiple revisions/attempts at gaining mastery (like Einstein and Edison had!)
- Build in multiple tiers of support (MTSS) with guidance from a team of specialists
- Nudge 11th and 12th grade learners to try a Running Start class or internship
- Be engaging and fun!
We invite you to come to an afternoon open house and spend time in our school. Prospective students are encouraged to spend a day and experience the welcoming, engaging, happy learning experience that is LEADPrep.
Service Learning – Fridays Learning and Serving in the Community
Interdisciplinary Daily Schedule 2020-21
We have a shared campus with teacher teams alternating between Seattle and Kirkland for an A/B schedule (M-Th), bringing our whole school together for Friday field trips and service learning.
While students may enroll throughout the school year, we operate on a traditional September through June schedule.