Are you a LEADPrep type of student?
Read our vision, mission, and values, then decide for yourself!
VISION. We are redesigning secondary school education using real-world and STEM content with cutting edge project-based, “flipped,” and personalized learning to form tomorrow’s ethical leaders.
MISSION. At LEADPrep we foster an educational community that cultivates authentic voices and strengths. We empower students to be fearless in their individuality and also courageous as local and global leaders.
CORE VALUES. LEADPrep is committed to:
- Exceptional education through authentic engagement, innovation, and continuous improvement. One-to-six teacher/student ratio provides incredible attention to each student.
- Intentional welcome as a learning community that cultivates diversity and empathy in a setting where each student truly belongs.
- Development of leadership skills with an emphasis on lifelong service and ethical growth.
- Reliability, responsiveness, and engagement. At all levels, we opt in, actively participate, listen, and seek win-win outcomes.
- Curiosity, exploration, and creativity. Active learning classes with higher level thinking.
- Teamwork to make the dream work through respect, cooperation, and accountability.
- Respectful and transparent communication guided by the rule of good intention.
- Holistic well-being including kindness, fun, self-care, and life balance.
Most of our students start at the beginning of the school year (September 1, 2020). However, we welcome year-round enrollment. LEADPrep is a project-based personalized school. Our students commit to being active learners, fully engaged in their learning experience.
Getting the right “fit” is our top priority. Our model allows for diverse learners, including gifted or learning challenged, to thrive. To make sure that students are the right fit for maximum success, reference letters, and communication with previous schools will be used in the admission process.
Seattle or Kirkland?
Our LEADPrep community has extended to North Seattle. The learning model is the same at both sites and on Fridays the two groups combine for our experiential, place-based learning activities (focusing on service and green time in nature) and Northwest PE. We are pleased to provide this geographic flexibility for our families.
Admissions Timeline and Process
As a part of the Puget Sound Independent School (PSIS) network, we use the PSIS timeline. Contact email@example.com for application information.
What are the overall tuition and fees at Leadership Preparatory Academy?
2020-21 Tuition/Fees: $24,500, plus encouraged donation of $5000 to equal full cost of educating one student. (This reduction plus donation allows parents a $5000 tax deduction.) Includes Enrollment Fee: $2450 (1/10th of tuition and credited to tuition; paid at time of registration/enrollment)
One-time Registration Fee: $1000 (paid at time of registration/enrollment)
Fall camping, winter service, and spring annual trip/intensive Week Without Walls expeditions. Costs vary, depending on trip
As a reflection of our commitment to socioeconomic diversity, LEADPrep has one of the highest percentages of student financial aid in Seattle-area independent schools. Approximately 40% of our students receive financial aid every year. Our annual auction and contributions from supporters of LEADPrep provide resources to our tuition assistance. Financial aid is based on need.