Getting the right “fit” is our top priority. Our model allows for diverse learners, including gifted or learning challenged, to thrive. To make sure that students are the right fit for maximum success, reference letters, and communication with previous schools will be used in the admission process.
Most of our students start at the beginning of the school year; however, we welcome second semester enrollment. LEADPrep is a project-based, learner-centered school. Our students commit to being active learners, fully engaged in their learning experience.
Who do we serve
While we do provide personalized student learning, we are not a specialty school and may not be able to accommodate all learning differences. That said, we find that kids do particularly well here if they have curiosity and take agency for their own learning, are willing to explore, articulate and share their passions, and work as a community member in our close-knit micro-school environment.
STUDENTS WE DO NOT SERVE WELL:
- Students who need a therapeutic approach or highly structured environment
- Students who struggle with significant emotional regulation that is a disruption to the classroom environment
- Students who pose a danger to themselves or others
- Students who pose a flight risk from the school campus or school outings
Are you a LEADPrep learner? Read our vision, mission, and values, then decide for yourself!
VISION. To create a dynamic space where education is engaging, not one-size-fits-all, for all learners to be seen, heard, valued, and thriving.
MISSION. Diversity. Empathy. Exploration.
Our intentionally diverse, multi-age student population celebrates differences and provides a safe community of voice and choice in exploring real-world concepts, while pushing for self-growth and accountability.
CORE VALUES. LEADPrep is committed to:
- Exceptional education through authentic engagement, innovation, and continuous improvement. One-to-six teacher/student ratio provides incredible attention to each student.
- Intentional welcome as a learning community that cultivates diversity and empathy in a setting where each student truly belongs.
- Development of leadership skills with an emphasis on lifelong service and ethical growth.
- Reliability, responsiveness, and engagement. At all levels, we opt in, actively participate, listen, and seek win-win outcomes.
- Curiosity, exploration, and creativity. Active learning classes with higher level thinking.
- Teamwork to make the dream work through respect, cooperation, and accountability.
- Respectful and transparent communication guided by the rule of good intention.
- Holistic well-being including kindness, fun, self-care, and life balance.
East or West?
Our LEADPrep community offers two campus locations—North Seattle or Downtown Kirkland. The learning model is the same at both sites and on expeditionary Wednesdays the two groups combine for our experiential, place-based learning activities (focusing on service and green time in nature) and Northwest PE. We are pleased to provide this geographic flexibility for our families.
Contact us today for a tour or sign up for our next virtual open house.