Leadership Preparatory Academy
POSITION: Operations Manager
REPORTING TO: Founder & Executive Director, and Administrative Coordinator
STATUS: Part-time employee, 20 hours per week, 8:00am-12:00pm M-F
LOCATION: Hybrid (on-site + remote)
START DATE: February 21, 2022
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH: February 7, 2022
ABOUT THE OPERATIONS MANAGER POSITION
LEADPrep creates a dynamic space where education is engaging, not one-size-fits-all, for all learners to be seen, heard, valued, and thriving. LEADPrep is an innovative middle/high micro-school where teens thrive in our collaborative, experiential, and learner-centered environment.
We are on the hunt for an Operations Manager who can supervise the non-educational pieces of the organization and free up the time of our teachers, so they can just teach and our CEO can lead. The successful applicant has a skill set in project management (non-academic is Ok), has the ability to lead and supervise a team and has strong communication and impeccable follow-up skills.
This is a part-time employee role working M-F 8:00am-12:00pm. The role will require you to work on-site at least one day per week at each campus (Seattle + Kirkland). The tasks that will require you to work on-site are noted under the responsibilities section of this job description. Your remaining time will be spent working remotely from home.
YOU’RE PERFECT FOR LEADPrep IF YOU…
- Have previously worked as a school secretary, office manager, or operations manager and are now ready to work with your heart at a very special organization that truly is making a difference in the lives of children.
- Are lighthearted, like to laugh, and see life as joy.
- Connect with and find the humor in teens + tweens.
- Believe in prompt (same-day or sooner!) responsiveness.
- Are self-aware and have empathy for others.
- Can see problems and proactively bring solutions.
- Are a self-starter who enjoys working collaboratively with others.
- Have previously led + supervised a team (this is not a clerical role).
- Are able to hold our team, predominantly teachers, accountable to processes.
- Thrive with lots of moving pieces every day and do not require a set routine.
- Are intentional with your time and while you are friendly, you prefer to get right down to work.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Are proactive and can self-advocate for what you need in order to bring your best.
- Have a strong ability to close loops and have impeccable follow-up skills.
- Can own your emotions and have the ability to self-regulate.
- Have a project management skill set; you’re able to ensure projects move along and teachers are completing their responsibilities by the due date.
- Are excited about the potential of doing special projects with the kids if time permits and engaging in a mentorship capacity with them..
- Have roots in the community (and potentially have a child/children in our local school system) – a plus!
- Ideally can be dedicated to this position for minimally two+ years. This is a long-term opportunity to grow with our work family.
- Edit newsletters
- Update culture deck
- Manage renewals of licences and subscriptions
- Close loops for Administrative Coordinator and the Director
- Accounts receivable – track down payments
- Serve as Admissions Coordinator
- Schedule visits for prospective families
- Field visit questions
- Create reference sheets for the campus host to fill out
- Collect completed reference sheets at end of visit
- Assist in follow up steps (if student is determined to be a good mutual fit)
- Coordinate substitutes + manage teacher attendance
- Manage the Chromebook inventory, repairs, and ordering
- Lesson plan tracking
- Report card and comments tracking
- Manage supplies + teacher requests
- Mail and receive packages (sending in Chromebooks for repair….)
- Collect checks
- Track insurance renewal for our Vans + coordinate parent volunteers to assist with maintenance checks
- Review current processes for any inefficiency gaps and work with Administrative Coordinator to update the process
- Manage Facilities (on-site)
- School supplies restocked, pencils sharpened
- Help maintain kitchen and office organization
- Collect mail and water plants, as needed
- Cleanliness checks:
- oversee custodial work and document
- Stock Vans with all necessary student emergency info, insurance, and first aid kit
Communications + Team Management
- Facilitate open communication with campus coordinators
- Field calls and last-minute transportation changes for Wednesday’s experiential learning outings
- Main point of contact for parents and volunteers (anything that is not specific to scholastic)
- Social media support–including helping teachers post photos on Facebook and keeping the website current
- Answer parent calls/texts that aren’t academically urgent
- Checking in and following up with teachers who have not completed lesson plans and/or projects (on-site)
- Ensure timely completion of teacher special projects
- Ensure teachers are adhering to our processes
- Collaborate with volunteer coordinator and help manage volunteers / projects
- Prep and setup (on-site)
- Coordinate volunteers
- Follow up and close all loops
- Coordinate Transportation
- Attends major events and help to build community with teachers (on-site)
- Assist with the Auction (on-site)
APPLY HERE prior to February 7, 2022.
At LEADPrep, we value individuals with diverse backgrounds and ideas. Individuals from all cultures and communities are encouraged to apply.
Leadership Preparatory Academy leads with our values and beliefs. We know that our community draws strength from our differences. With empathy, we promote an inclusive culture where students and employees of all cultures and backgrounds feel they belong.
Through our education, employment practices, school community, and governance, we nurture attitudes and behaviors that promote global awareness, inclusive sensibilities, and respect for individuals’ diverse experiences and identities, across such categories as race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexuality, age, socioeconomic status, religion, and/or ability.
Leadership Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer seeking to build a more culturally diverse workplace. LEADPrep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, relegion, ethnicity, economic status, neurodiversity, gender identity, sexual orientation socioeconomic status or disability.
All teachers and students must be fully vaccinated and wear a mask during the school day. Windows and doors are kept open for ventilation and extra precautions are taken around vacations and travel.