July 1, 2023
LEADPrep is a progressive 6-12 micro-school with a Kirkland and a North Seattle campus. We are seeking an experienced, human-centered school leader to continue the work of our founding head. In its tenth year, LEADPrep caps at 30 students per campus with 10+ teachers personalizing engaging instruction. Our dynamic, experiential model includes project-based learning with co-teaching support. We include specialists and parents / guardians in providing holistic support for each learner.
You are a strong candidate if you:
- Believe in strength-based (as opposed to deficit-focused) learning
- Lead by example, forging community and collaboration in the process
- Mentor teachers by example in learner-centered practices and instruction
- Make it a priority teach one class to build relationships and demonstrate learner-driven instruction
- Can guide, encourage learner agency, and address the whole student
- Enjoy working closely with specialists and parents / guardians
- Have experience in varied aspects of school leadership and are comfortable “wearing multiple hats”
- Actively engage in promoting the school and the overall mission of engaging learning
- Promote opportunities for life lessons and life skills beyond textbooks
- Know that learning happens everywhere and participate in weekly experiential learning days
- Like taking weeks (three at LEADPrep) to deep dive in camping, passions, or service
- Are tired of teaching to traditional / public school mandated tests, assigned texts, and other red tape
- Place student wellbeing over the day’s lesson
- Are collaborative and engaging
- Can see yourself thriving in a dynamic, personalized model includes project-based and interdisciplinary learning with co-teaching support
Bachelor’s degree | Minimum of four year’s youth-related leadership experience | Full vaccination against COVID-19 | Valid driver’s license
Master’s degree | Experience with differentiated and project-based learning | Instructional leadership
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter. Position open until filled.
Kindness | Leadership | Problem Solving | Change Management | Recruitment, Hiring, Retention | Adaptability | Results Driven | Stakeholder Management | Critical Thinking | Decision Making | Team Management | Google-MS Office | Communication | Commitment to Excellence | Avid Learner
Learn and Be Curious | Think Big | Bias for Action | Deliver Results | Sense of Broad Responsibility | Have Backbone | Lead from Behind
Comfortable leading and mentoring teachers in
- project-/problem-based instruction
- mindful, proactive, and focused on engagement with learners when in the school
- learner reflection/self-advocacy when needed; expect respect and kindness
- Bring positive, can-do energy to the team
- Provide prompt, excellent customer service to parents
- January 12, 2023 application deadline
- July 1, 2023 Start date
Full compensation package to include health insurance and matched retirement fund
At LEADPrep, we value individuals with diverse backgrounds and ideas. Individuals from all cultures and communities are encouraged to apply.
Leadership Preparatory Academy leads with our values and beliefs. We know that our community draws strength from our differences. With empathy, we promote an inclusive culture where students and employees of all cultures and backgrounds feel they belong.
Through our education, employment practices, school community, and governance, we nurture attitudes and behaviors that promote global awareness, inclusive sensibilities, and respect for individuals’ diverse experiences and identities, across such categories as race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexuality, age, socioeconomic status, religion, and/or ability.
Leadership Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer seeking to build a more culturally diverse workplace. LEADPrep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, relegion, ethnicity, economic status, neurodiversity, gender identity, sexual orientation socioeconomic status or disability.
All teachers and students must be fully vaccinated and wear a mask during the school day. Windows and doors are kept open for ventilation and extra precautions are taken around vacations and travel.