Leadership Preparatory Academy
For the 2022-23 school year
LEADPrep is a progressive 6-12 micro-school with a Kirkland and a North Seattle campus. We are seeking a creative, hands-on math teacher. Our dynamic, personalized model includes project-based learning with co-teaching support.
You are a strong candidate if you:
- Believe in strength-based (as opposed to deficit-focused) learning
- Want the learners to do the designing, thinking, and creating within a unit theme
- Can guide, encourage learner agency, and address the whole student
- Promote opportunities for life lessons and life skills beyond textbooks
- Value collegiality and co-teaching with your peers
- Know that learning happens everywhere and want to participate in weekly experiential learning days
- Like taking weeks (three at LEADPrep) to deep dive in camping, passions, or service
- Are tired of teaching to public school mandated tests, assigned texts, and other red tape
- Place student wellbeing over the day’s lesson
- Are collaborative and engaging
- Can see yourself thriving in a dynamic, personalized model includes project-based and interdisciplinary learning with co-teaching support
Must have at least a bachelor’s degree in K-8 ELA or a related subject and two year’s experience teaching children / adolescents, or equivalent. Must be fully vaccinated / boosted against COVID-19. If you are interested in learning more, please submit a resume and cover letter. Position open until filled.
- Create hands-on middle school ELA learning activities aligned with learning styles, exposing learners to real world connections
- Assist learners in gaining skills in writing mechanics and fluency
- Extend the ELA program to our high school learners
- Encourage and support teachers in literacy across the curriculum
- Prepare fully and load lessons on curriculum map and Google Classroom (GC)—at least two flip video mini-lessons and the following week’s activities—by Friday at 3 pm
- Arrive at 8:30 and stay until 4:15 M-F
- Provide project-/problem-based instruction
- Be mindful, proactive, and focused on engagement with learners when in the school
- Facilitate learner reflection/self-advocacy when needed; expect respect and kindness
- Assist in co-teaching, break/lunch supervision, and co-curriculars, as needed
- Provide prompt, excellent customer service to parents
- Take the lead in one key school project or program
- Welcome and interact with student and parent visitors; model and encourage student hospitality
- Participate in teacher goal setting and evaluation (Danielson model)
- Provide regular (twice a week) Facebook photo updates
- Use GC for mapping, grading, homework reports, and attendance
- Create students’ quarterly progress reports
- Promote the school to other service providers/customers
- Participate in events: BTSN, bi-annual conferences, auction, and graduation, if possible
- Supervise daily facility cleaning by students
- Stay current on First Aid/CPR training
- Other duties as assigned
- Aim for AMAZING!
At LEADPrep, we value individuals with diverse backgrounds and ideas. Individuals from all cultures and communities are encouraged to apply.
Leadership Preparatory Academy leads with our values and beliefs. We know that our community draws strength from our differences. With empathy, we promote an inclusive culture where students and employees of all cultures and backgrounds feel they belong.
Through our education, employment practices, school community, and governance, we nurture attitudes and behaviors that promote global awareness, inclusive sensibilities, and respect for individuals’ diverse experiences and identities, across such categories as race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexuality, age, socioeconomic status, religion, and/or ability.
Leadership Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer seeking to build a more culturally diverse workplace. LEADPrep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, relegion, ethnicity, economic status, neurodiversity, gender identity, sexual orientation socioeconomic status or disability.
All teachers and students must be fully vaccinated and wear a mask during the school day. Windows and doors are kept open for ventilation and extra precautions are taken around vacations and travel.