Do you know a teen who wants to build public speaking skills? To be a more effective leader? To be a more persuasive communicator? To make a good first impression in an interview? Toastmasters offers proven strategies and practice to make that happen.
Eastside middle and high school teens are invited to use their early release Wednesday afternoons to hone their public speaking skills. L & E Academy in Kirkland is again opening their Eloquence Gavel Club teen Toastmaster meetings to the public.
Participants learn to:
- Overcome nervousness when speaking before an audience.
- Organize and present ideas logically and convincingly.
- Listen carefully to others’ ideas.
- Offer advice to help others improve their speaking skills.
- Participate in and lead group discussion or meetings.
- Increase their self-confidence as they learn. They also make new friends and have fun!
This fun interaction lets teens practice improvisational speaking, speech craft, running meetings, and evaluating speeches. From 30 seconds to seven minutes of speaking… there is a speaking role for every interested teen. Join the Eloquence Gavel Club beginning October 8, when adult Toastmaster members present for the opening meeting of the school year.